How would you define the Shopify development store?
Interestingly, a Shopify development stores is an accessible Shopify account that comes along with certain limitations. A development store can be used in order to test any app or theme that you have created, or you could also set up a Shopify account for the client.
By setting up a Shopify development store for the client and transferring it, you are provided with the recurring commission. A recurring commission is something you get paid for when one of your referrals purchase something. Fortunately, it is not just limited to initial purchases.
Being a Shopify Partner, you get to have access to unlimited development stores, and you could feasibly access from your Partner dashboard. Shopify is usually thought of as a combination of two segments, one being the theme and its configuration settings, and the other is data of images, pages, collections, etc. It is also possible to archive stores that you are no longer working on and unarchive them based on necessity.
Your Shopify store shows a lot about the brand, and there is a heightened need to orchestrate a creative theme design. Hence Shopify theme store emphasizes a mixture of professionally designed free and paid-for themes that can boost your score from ordinary to extraordinary. Shopify has created their own Shopify developer tools app for the MAC OS users to help develop in a faster way in Shopify. They are usually free of charge and do not hold any time restrictions. However, by not switching to paid plans, you’d probably not be able to
● Install paid apps
● Create more than 10 private apps
● Process more than 50 orders
What is the procedure for creating development tools for the development stores?
You can test, create, and explore as much as you want if you have access to unlimited trial periods.
And this is how you need to get started:-
1. Click on stores from the Shopify partner dashboard.
2. Click on add store option on the store page.
3. Next step is to choose the development store.
4. And then save it by clicking the save button.
And it’s done!
Now you’ll be able to log into your new development store through the store’s tab on the dashboard, and from now on, you can start building.
All recently-created development stores are password-protected, but the development store password page isn’t associated with the online store’s theme; hence can’t be customized.
Enhancement of development store functionality
The Shopify app store includes a number of collections of apps that provide the best services and features.
It is always necessary to test the apps on your development store before adding them to a certain client’s Shopify store to make sure that they don’t cause any disorder.
Here’s how you can install apps into the development store.
1. Click on the app that you’d like to add from the Shopify app store.
2. Click on the add app option.
3. To authenticate the app, enter the address of your store.
4. Installation of the app must be confirmed in this step.
5. Get started with the app.
How to transfer the Shopify store to another account?
After that completion of creating a stunning development store for the client and is now ready to sell its products. It is now time for your Shopify transfer development store. Furthermore, to get you to access the process, a few simple steps have been provided.
1. Login to your dashboard account on the top left corner.
2. Click Transfer ownership besides the store that you expect to transfer.
3. Now, on the Transfer store ownership dialog box, choose the new owner among the list of eligible owners. Add a staff account and then establish a new account for your client in case you haven’t added your client as a staff member yet.
4. Once you are done completing all the above-mentioned steps, click the transfer store. Now, the owner would receive an email with all the instructions to create and select the plan. The store remains paused until the owner accepts the offer. Finally, after the client commences paying for the Shopify plan, a partner account is created automatically, and you begin to earn your monthly recurring commission.
That’s all you might need to know in order to transfer the Shopify store to another account.
What if your client already has an existing Shopify store?
Well, you will have to request access before you could start working. To access your clients’ stores, you can make use of the collaborator accounts. And to receive a collaborator account, you need to send a request to the owner of the store through the partner dashboard.
If a staff account is already there or has been asked by the store owner to activate a staff account, then your request for a partner account will incite the store owner to update the existing account authorizations to indicate those of your partner account.
1. Click on stores from the partner dashboard.
2. Click on add store.
3. Select the managed store for the store type.
4. Enter the store URL
5. Select the sections of the store that you want to access from the permissions section. These permissions can later be changed by the owner of the account.
6. If you want to send a message to the store owner, type a message in the add a message section.
7. Click on save after you are done with your message.
After the message is sent, the store owner will receive an e-mail about your request along with a notification on the home page.
What is a transfer disabled store?
Once you find a yellow ‘Transfer disabled’ label in the Partner Dashboard, it is so certain that something is wrong in Shopify exchange transfer. Certain development stores cannot be transferred to any client at any given time because the functionality is disabled. For example, if you have installed a draft app on your development store or if you have enabled development for the development store.